Getting there

Getting there

Monday, July 11, 2011

Theresa's Personal Truisms


A truism is a "self-evident truth". The following are all self-evident to me. I don't know about any of you, dear friends, because I think we all have our own set of truisms. These are some of mine.

1. Ending sentences with "word" will not convince people of your argument.

2. You can never own too many shoes. Ever. Word.

4. You can also never own too many trench coats. Unless you are a creepy guy who likes to hang around public parks in which case one trench coat is probably one too many.

5. Chocolate and caffeine are in a recognized food group, and considered essential to survival.

6. If other people make things up they are liars. If I make things up I'm a writer.

7. Sitting in your living room surrounded by your laptop, iPad, and iPhone is normal and the sign of a healthy mind.

8. Going to the gym is good for you. Especially when you really don't feel like going. Often that's when it is actually the best. Dammit, I really hate this kind of paradox.

9. Spending hours looking at UK shoe websites is actually a recognized hobby. Recognized by me.

10. Blogging is good for the soul. And having several blogs is NOT a sign of being obsessive, either. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment